Friday, June 2, 2017

Overlooked Offer


Delighted to find an American Express offer for a Hilton Honors credit card with 80K points, respectable bonuses on the basic purchases and no annual fee, I applied and my card was on the way. 

The next morning I was checking my point balance. On the Hilton website was an American Express offer the Hilton Honors Surpass Card available with 100K points, twice the bonus points on restaurants, supermarkets and gas stations. Included was a complimentary Priority Pass membership, with a $27 per person per visit fee, an annual anniversary weekend night for free with $75 fee.

I promptly phoned American Express. I inquired if they would ‘Honor’ the same program as I had been approved for yesterday?

I promptly phoned American Express. I inquired if they would ‘Honor’ the same program as I had been approved for yesterday?

No. The supervisor explained if I was sent an AmEx solicitation he could match it, but because I applied on my own, there was nothing he could do.

He offered to refer my complaint (and disappointment) to their marketing people. His last comment was they would probably not be able to help me either.

Five days later I am happy to report good news from an American Express email. I was approved. Now I’m pondering since I haven’t heard from marketing, they probably issued a second card! 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for your comment and please check back soon for new posts!