Saturday, April 29, 2017

What’s in my Backpack?


     I am the first to love a nice expensive handbag. Last year as the four of us were planning a trip to the Czech Republic, my friend asked what I use as a carry-on for airline flights. My answer was a backpack.

    Raised eyebrows, a shrug and that was the end of the discussion. Our meet-up in Prague proved to be a perfect example why.

    The checked luggage did not make the Charles de Gaul connection. It should be at our hotel sometime the next day. When my friend phoned they had arrived, I mentioned the delayed bags situation. How awful to be in the same clothes for two days she commented. Did we need to go shopping? Not a problem was my reply.

    We always pack a drip-dry shirt, clean undies and socks. Toiletries are TSA compliant, prescriptions with printed pages from the pharmacy to correspond with each med, extra tote for stuff, alarm clock, spectacles, an empty spray bottle to spritz my wrinkled shirt or attempt to restyle my bed head the next morning, blow-up neck pillows, ear plugs/buds, cell cords, camera, and small cross-body purse.

    The purse is large enough to hold our passports. In a small wallet I have our GeoBlue Trekker card (when traveling outside of the US), AARP for Budget auto rentals, corresponding airline and hotel credit cards  change per trip depending on which airline(s) we booked or hotel(s) we are staying, Priority card for airport clubs and just recently our blood donor cards.

    The four of us met up the next morning, spent the entire day sightseeing and returned to find the luggage waiting for us at the hotel. I understood we could filed a claim, but all worked out.

    A postcard in the front of our luggage has arrival destination details including complete address, dates and contact info. Thankfully we've only had delayed situations and never lost a bag!


No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for your comment and please check back soon for new posts!